It is fair to say that humans are creatures of habit. We all seem to do better when we have a routine to follow. Children often do better when they are on a set schedule and I believe adults function in a similar fashion. For the most part, we all need to go to work, manage our families, and it always seems like 100 other things at once. All of these things take up a large portion of our time, and they certainly do for me personally. So with that, a morning routine has been very important for me since my schedule is extremely busy. I believe my routine has a great effect on my trading day and I will share it with you today, in the hope that you can gain value from it. Here it is:
1. Rise and Prime! I wake up at 6:00 am. The first thing I do is have a large glass of green drink. This is basically wheat grass which helps to hydrate and alkaline the body. I shared this tip with the ITMS team years ago and it has certainly helped us all. I read somewhere a long time ago that we function better when we are hydrated and alkalined, I am a firm believer in this. I then wash my face, shave, brush my teeth, etc.
2. Positive Mindset! Next, I will usually read something positive for 15 minutes. This puts my mind in a positive mindset for the day. I will usually read the bible, or a motivational book from some of my favorite authors. Unfortunately, throughout the day I will be dealing with some negativity. So starting the day in positive vibration is very important. By doing this it will help me offset any negativity that comes my way in the coming hours.
3. Get Flowing! Try to grab a quick 30 to 40 minute workout. At this stage of my life, I enjoy morning walks, this gives me time to appreciate the outdoors and be grateful for all that I have. I usually get to the gym about 3 days a week to do some weight training. About 20 years ago, I read that you need an hour to yourself to really have an optimal day, I agree. Then I take a quick shower and get ready for the workday. Please note, I do not eat breakfast. Eating before trading does not work for me. I will have a light lunch later around the noon hour. This allows me to sustain clarity and energy throughout the day when it is most needed – remember, focus when trading is key!
4. Game Plan! It is now around 7:30 am and I feel like I have already accomplished a lot for myself before the workday begins. I start to look at the futures markets and the foreign stock market indexes. Then I check to see what is trading up or down in the pre-market. It is important to compile a list of stocks that you may want to trade in the session. I also check my notes to see if an equity is entering my buy and sell zones.
5. Time For Action! Now the opening bell rings and the stock market is officially opens. It is now time to go to work and find the best trades and chart pattern setups. I keep a few notebooks with me and try and keep track of stocks that are coming into important trade levels.
I hope this insight into my morning routine was able to offer you some value. Starting your day on the right foot is vital to creating the best day you can have. Like anything else, practice makes perfect. Put your routine in place, do it daily and stick to it! From what you eat, to your physiology and mindset… master these and positivity in all levels will follow!
Bullseye Trading has now booked 17 consecutive winning trades without a loss. Check it out and get every trade now, here!